Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lemongrass Coconut Soap

Used same recipe as before except used coconut milk instead of cow's milk.  Recipe again:

5.6 oz olive oil
2 oz coconut oil
0.4 oz crisco

1.1 oz lye
1 oz water

at light trace added:
0.4 oz lemongrass essential oil

mixed well then added:
2.1 oz coconut milk

I'm curious about how the coconut milk will affect the lather, reports from other sites suggest that it should give a very rich creamy lather.  We will see.  Meanwhile, the lemongrass oil smells disturbingly of mosquito repellent.  I really hope it mellows to something more palatable, the last thing I want to think about in the shower are mosquitoes.

Update 2/24/11: I just cut the soap and to my amazement the center is a pale green color!  The outside is a light yellow; not sure if that green will remain after curing but it's a nice look.  The mosquito smell has faded a bit but it now actually smells like ginger candy.  Very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment